9th February 2018, 14:40 | englandrl
England Wheelchair RL Volunteer Opportunities 2018-2021
In readiness for England Wheelchair RL's international schedule up to and including the 2021 Wheelchair RL World Cup, the following exciting volunteer opportunities have arisen:
England Wheelchair RL Head Coach
Responsible to the England Performance hub, the successful candidate will act as Head Coach to the England Wheelchair Rugby League, including the selection and preparation of the squad and for the management of the coaching and support staff.
- Possess a minimum UKCC Level 2 Coaching qualification (working towards Level 3 or UKCC Level 3 would be preferable)
- Have experience of coaching at a representative level
- Have experience of coaching in Wheelchair RL
- Have excellent preparation and planning skills
- Be a good communicator
- Have excellent management skills
Applicants should send a current CV plus a supporting letter to email@example.com - closing date Sunday 11th February 2018
England Wheelchair RL Assistant Coach
The successful candidate will support the England Wheelchair Rugby League Head Coach.
- Require a minimum UKCC level 2 coaching qualification
- Have experience in coaching Wheelchair RL
- Be expected to assist the Head Coach in all their responsibilities
England Wheelchair RL Team Manager
The Team Manager is responsible for managing any off-field activity in support of the team.
- Work with the team and Head Coach to establish team standards.
- Organise travel, venues and transport for the team.
- Have experience of managing a representative squad
- Have experience of management of a squad overseas
- Possess outstanding management skills
- Possess excellent inter-personal skills
England Wheelchair RL Equipment Manager
The Equipment Manager will work closely with the Team Manager.
- Prepare logistics plans to support relevant activity
- Management of all wheelchair transport requirements
- Arrange security clearance, where appropriate for overseas activity
- Ensure preparation and maintenance of team equipment
- Maintain an inventory of equipment
- Perform any other duties as required by the Team Manager
England Wheelchair RL Medical Support
- Must hold current relevant qualification
- Ensure appropriate Physiotherapy support including the provision of a well-stocked medical bag
- Experience in managing and coordinating players injuries
- Up to date First Aid qualification (First Aid for Sport/First Aid in the Workplace)
- Apply post-game sports massage and recovery
England Rugby League Wheelchair Media Manager
- Overseeing and on-going development of England Rugby League Wheelchair digital channels
- Working in co-operation with the Rugby Football League's internal marketing and commercial departments to effectively deliver all contractual and promotional activity related to the England squad
- Good understanding of media environment with excellent journalistic contacts
- Proactively generate and sell in news and feature ideas
- Ability to write crisp, clear and lively press releases and match reports
- Handling interview and appearance requests from the media for the England squad and Head Coach
- Responsible for England squad announcements and updates
- Media and social media guidance for players and staff
England Wheelchair RL Logistics Officer
- Ensure at all training venues and playing venues that refreshments and supplements are widely available before during and after events
- Dress dressing room prior to tour games
- Responsible for distribution and recovery of playing kit pre and post-match
- Ensure playing kit is cleaned and ready for subsequent game(s)
- Support the Equipment Manager
All applicants should send a current CV plus a supporting letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3pm on Friday 27th February 2018.
All positions are voluntary, appointments will be made subject to an enhanced DBS check and completion of relevant documentation.
Positions are for 2 years initially and will be subject to an annual review.