22nd November 2017, 15:43 | Leigh
The 32-year-old, formerly of Wigan Warriors and Salford Red Devils, was out of contract following Leigh's relegation to the Championship but has committed to the club until the end of the 2019 season.
"I'm really pleased Harrison has decided to stay with us and join the fight to get us back into Betfred Super League," said Centurions head coach Neil Jukes.
"His efforts last year on and off the field were outstanding, which culminated in him clean sweeping all the major (club) awards at the end of it.
Harrison Hansen Agrees New Two-Year Deal With Centurions— Leigh Centurions (@LeighCenturions) November 22, 2017
Leigh Centurions are delighted to confirm that Harrison Hansen has agreed a new two-year contract to the end of November 2019.
For the full story please see https://t.co/Xx4q8uyClb pic.twitter.com/PSdJOHQXTU
"He’s highly respected and a true warrior of the game. I’m delighted those traits will stay with our club for at least two more years."
Hansen, who passed 350 career appearances during 2017, is excited by Leigh's new-look team, with Peter Mata'utia, Bodene Thompson and Craig Hall among the off-season arrivals.
"There are a lot of new faces and it is a completely different team," said Hansen. "We are starting from scratch and building a new culture. It’s a shame it wasn’t there in Super League.
"Everyone is starting with a clean slate. Pre-season training has been a lot more organised and more intense. We had to step up as you can’t go through pre-season going through the motions and then expect to perform.
"It reminds me of my Wigan days and pre-season training under Michael Maguire. The boys are ripping in well and getting to know one another.
"Everyone is there for a purpose and we’re a team now."